…and no, not the one with the blanket. The one with two wheels. Last weekend, I got a new bike, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! It’s a Linus Dutchie 3. After a trip to Denmark several years ago, I’ve been in love with this style commuter bike. Wearing a skirt and sandals + biking = WINNING!
I also love that this is the view when I’m commuting to work each morning!
Life is good!! For those of you that are actually looking for an actual review, I’ll give you one after the jump…While in Denmark, I actually did some research on buying and shipping a similar bike to the U.S. I didn’t do it, but I did manage to ride several while there. Over the last several years, I’ve kept my eye out looking for the right one for me…at the right price.
Here’s what I like about it:
- It’s really easy & fun to ride.
- Gear shift is easy and smooth. Not loud, etc.
- It’s lighter-weight than comparable bikes, specifically the Batavus Omafiet, Princess Sovereign, Schwinn Jenny and Raleigh Venture. That may not be a big deal for those of you that don’t have to occasionally carry a bike up the stairs, but I have learned my lesson. I’m trying to keep it as lightweight as possible. (Caveat, the actual dutch bikes like the Princess Sovereign and Omafiet are tanks that will live forever, and they’re the difference between a cadillac and a mazda miata. The miata is fun and stylish. The Cadillac is a classic and rides like a dream. You’ll never feel a bump on a Omafiet, but you will on the Linus.)
- Did I mention fun and stylish?
- Affordable. Although not as inexpensive as the Schwinn Jenny…but I’d choose the Linus over that one any day. Way more fun to ride and lighter too.
- It comes with a rack and bell!
- It’s a bit rattly at times when going over bumps. Mainly the fenders(?) I think. I assume that’s fairly common with a bike that has these though…so not a big deal.
- The seat that it comes with is pretty uncomfortable. I’m definitely going to need to buy a different one. Any suggestions on a super-comfy seat. Let me know!
- Might possibly wish I had an extra gear or two…but not a big deal. If I had more hills, then it probably would be.
That’s it! Love it! Buy one!